Christmas is Coming….
….And the first delivery of fresh cut Christmas trees has arrived with us! So come on over to Fresh as soon as you can to select your tree – the centre piece of your Christmas 2016.
We have a great range, great value and the knowledge to help you select the perfect Christmas tree before wrapping it for you and helping you load it into your car. If you do buy one that is really too big to take home we will even deliver it for you! So come on Dad, load the family up and head over to Fresh @ Burcot for your hassle free start to Christmas.
“I have been buying Christmas trees now for over 30 years, the last 20 or more from the same supplier based near Newbury in Berkshire. This year the quality and value has surpassed anything I have known in all those years. They are superb” said Neil Gow from Fresh @ Burcot Garden Centre.
Our supplier grows the majority of the trees they supply, but given the range we offer they source other varieties for us from specialist growers across the UK. This year we have:
- Nordmann Fir, what has become the traditional low needle drop tree
and as in previous years we also have the:
- Noble Fir which has beautiful rounded needles carefully arranged around its branches – Noble by name and noble by looks too – the real statesman of Christmas trees and certainly my favourite
- The Fraser Fir which looks more like the traditional Norway Spruce but will keep its needles just as well as the best Nordmann or Noble and has the advantage of being a “slim-line” tree
- Blue Spruce – which as the name suggests has beautiful warm grey/blue needles that looks really chic when decorated and certainly something different
- Norway Spruce the original and traditional Christmas tree as you will see in Trafalgar Square in London. Always hard to beat for looks and its smell
This year we also have the Omorika Pine. This is a fairly recently introduced variety and has the advantage of being able to grow a relatively tall tree without it being too wide and bushy, similar to the Fraser Fir in habit. Because it is new this year we have it as a Pot Cultured tree in sizes between 3ft and 6ft (1m – 2m). Pot culture, is also a new way of growing trees and something we trialled with our grower last year. It means you get a larger tree more quickly than one grown in a pot, but you have most of the advantages of a pot grown tree.
Our supplier, is one of the biggest growers in the country and also supplies many of the major supermarkets and chain stores. However like everything that grows, you get different grades and qualities. Having worked with our grower for so many years they know what we expect and select out the premium grade for us knowing we want the optimum tree that will give you great satisfaction and performance right through until the New Year.
Yet with the volumes we buy and our simple supply system (straight from the grower to Fresh @ Burcot – no middlemen, no distribution centres, no days on end shut in warehouses and lorries) we know our trees are as fresh as possible and bound to help you have a happy Christmas.
See our Facebook page to keep in touch with all the latest news and fun going on at Fresh @ Burcot https://www.facebook.com/Fresh-at-Burcot-500570199985683/ or follow us on Twitter http://@FreshatBurcot